Care Skills (5N2770)
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the relevant knowledge skills and competence to care for clients to enable them to work effectively in a safe and hygienic environment in all healthcare settings. ln delivery, the course will evolve through 3 key areas
- 1,What is Client care?
- 2.Correct use of equipment.
- 3.Assisting skills.
- Identify relevant groups of people in need of health care
- Examine the physical, emotional, social, psychological and spiritual needs of a range of groups of people, taking into account individual variation
- Identify the hygiene needs of dependent clients
- Discuss the prevention of pressure sores
- Demonstrate knowledge of the correct procedures for the cleaning and replacement of a range of patient equipment
- Adapt levels of assistance to the needs of particular clients
- Demonstrate a range of interpersonal skills when dealing with clients to include empathy, respect, patience and effective communication skills
- Exercise initiative to improve client involvement in social events, outings and occupational therapy and physiotherapy
- Contribute to the maintenance of safe and hygienic environments for clients to include the safe disposal of soiled linen
- Assist clients with dressing, grooming, eating, drinking, toileting, continence promotion, mobility and where appropriate, social needs
- Apply client safety and security procedures to include appropriate on site client care procedures for washing, bathing, showering, positioning, moving and handling
- Give assistance that enhances the privacy, dignity, independence and positive self image of clients in care
- Give assistance to clients in the use of a range of care equipment to include sensory equipment, aids to encourage independence and mechanical aids including mobility aids, feeding aids, washing aids, elimination aids and hoists
- Report changes in the client's condition to the relevant Supervisor
- Complete client documentation where appropriate.
- Award Title: Care Skills (5N2770)
- Duration: 150 hours of which 50 hours directed learning and 100 hours of self directed learning. The self-directed learning hours will include preparation for the skills demonstration and home assignment work.
- Entry requirements: Leaving certificate or relevant qualifications and/or relevant life and work experience participants must speak and work in English at a standard appropriate to the course content.
- Award Type: Minor Award
- Framework Level: NFQ Level 5
- Awarding Body: QQI (Quality and Qualifications Ireland)
- Two Assessments
- Skills Demonstration
- Protection for Learners:
As a part of best practice to safeguard the interests of learners enrolled for programmes exceeding three months and in line with the regulatory/statutory requirements of QQI and the ‘Qualifications and Quality Assurance (Education and Training) Act 2012’.
NCU Training has arranged comprehensive cover by a Learner Protection Policy, Number
LPI-00098-PHIS with O'Driscoll O'Neil underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Limited, June 2018.
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that learners are protected in the event of the unexpected cessation of any training programme in NCU Training provided, and/or organised and/or sub-contracted training.
Evidence to confirm implementation of the NCU Training Protection for Learners Policy includes:
- A statement of arrangements for Protection for Learners in programme information for relevant programmes of over three months’ duration.
- Fee refund documentation, where it applies.
- Learner transfer documentation, in the event of the unexpected cessation of programmes
- Complaints procedure:It is your right as a client of our service to make a complaint if you feel your experience with us falls short of what you expected. We want the process to be easy, effective and fair. If you would like to make a complaint you can either call us on 01-8479463 or email us directly at email@example.com
- Price:€250 (Excluding Certification Fee)
- Funding: A range of training courses are available with NCU Training which are free to unemployed persons. The first step is to contact your local Employment Services Office to register and apply for training.
- View Upcoming Courses for next starting date
This part-time , single module programme, successful completion of which leads to QQI level 5 component 5N2770, can be used as a component in QQI Level 5 Major Award - Health Service Skills 5M3782.
"I found the course to be excellent, great tutor and great course content, would recommend to everyone" - Michael