People Movement is a course that will provide participants with a certificate valid for three years. The aim of the course is to provide you with the knowledge and skills required for safe People/Patient Moving. The course will give learners the ability to safely move others from one locale to another without hurting themselves or the patient.
"It was delivered in a fun, kind, caring and well explained way” - Karen
Our tutors are all Healthcare professionals with over 25 years experience. Their vast knowledge both academically and practically is most beneficial to all learners.
Out Tutor and Academic Standards Quality Officer Pat Flynn has been involved in Training since 1975 and has worked extensively in the UK and Ireland. He has educational qualifications in Food, Business, World Class Manufacturing and Health Care. He is a qualified QQI level 6 People moving and Manual Handling Instructor who is very passionate about Healthcare and food safety.
- Identify Risk factors associated with People/Patient moving
- Understand the principles of safe People/Patient moving
- Carry out specific tasks such as transferring people from bed to chair either by manual or mechanical methods
- Practical Elements
- Sit to stand
- Assissted Walking
- A falling or fallen person
- Use of Sliding Sheets
- Use of equipment
- Safety of Client and Carer
- Moving in bed
- Sitting to edge of bed
- Repositioning in chair
- Communication skills in performing tasks
- Handling and placing of sling
- Safety of hoist
Price and next starting date.
- Price: €70
- Funding: A range of training courses are available with NCU Training which are free to unemployed persons. The first step is to contact your local Employment Services Office to register and apply for training.
- View upcoming courses for next starting date