Workplace Safety (4N1124)
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skills and competence to appreciate the importance of basic workplace safety. It is designed to develop skills in handling workplace items and safety equipment, safely and effectively. The course will highlight and explain terminology, awareness, legislation and good practices concerning health and safety issues in the workplace. On completion of the course, learners will be prepared to work safely alone and with others.
"Most enjoyable + very interesting tutor, very clear + informative information” - David
Learners will be able to:
- Identify the various work areas, hazardous equipment, protective clothing or personal protection, specific to work areas in a business using appropriate terminology
- Identify fire exits, assembly points and emergency exits in the workplace, entry and exit points, and Health and Safety signage in each workplace area
- Explain the importance of correct procedures for fire drills, accidents and emergencies
- Explain the importance of protective clothing to minimise injuries and accidents in the workplace
- Discuss a range of fire safety equipment in the workplace to include uses of various types of fire extinguishers, sprinkler systems, and smoke alarms
- Discuss the legislation governing Health and Safety in all workplaces to include employers and employees responsibilities
- Explain a Health and Safety statement and its importance for the workplace
- Identify Health and Safety officials in the workplace
- Carry out the correct procedures for handling heavy, hazardous and fragile items
- Demonstrate the use of a fire extinguisher
- Carry out the correct procedure for checking that smoke alarms are working
- Participate in group discussion relating to hazard identification
- Access all areas of the building safely
- Work safely following Workplace Safety procedures.
- Award Title: Workplace Safety (4N1124)
- Duration: 100 Hrs (3 Days Classroom Tuition Blended Learning and Self-Directed)
- Entry Requirements: None
- Award Type: Minor Award
- Framework Level: NFQ Level 4
- Awarding Body: QQI (Quality and Qualifications Ireland)
- Collection of Work
- Protection for Learners:
As a part of best practice to safeguard the interests of learners enrolled for programmes exceeding three months and in line with the regulatory/statutory requirements of QQI and the ‘Qualifications and Quality Assurance (Education and Training) Act 2012’.
NCU Training has arranged comprehensive cover by a Learner Protection Policy, Number
LPI-00098-PHIS with O'Driscoll O'Neil underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Limited, June 2018.
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that learners are protected in the event of the unexpected cessation of any training programme in NCU Training provided, and/or organised and/or sub-contracted training.
Evidence to confirm implementation of the NCU Training Protection for Learners Policy includes:
- A statement of arrangements for Protection for Learners in programme information for relevant programmes of over three months’ duration.
- Fee refund documentation, where it applies.
- Learner transfer documentation, in the event of the unexpected cessation of programmes
- Complaints Procedure:
It is your right as a client of our service to make a complaint if you feel your experience with us falls short of what you expected. We want the process to be easy, effective and fair. If you would like to make a complaint, you can either call us on 01-8479463 or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Price and next starting date.
- Price:€250 (Excluding Certification Fee)
- Funding: A range of training courses are available with NCU Training which are free to unemployed persons. The first step is to contact your local Employment Services Office to register and apply for training.
- View Upcoming Courses for next starting date